Monday, December 16, 2013

Lubango!!!

Lubango is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! its a lot more like what i thought my mish would be. Its cooler. not to say that its cold, its still pretty hot, but its cooler than Luanda. It rains quite a bit here. but it hasn't rained super hard since I've got here. Its super green. theres goats walking around everywhere, cattle, a bunch of rivers. and its got cliffs that look like the ones behind our house in st George, but greener. Our house is really nice. except we have no air conditioning. its kind of annoying but we don't really need them. the landlords have two dogs. one is a big German Shepherd named lobo which means wolf and one is a golden retriever who's always barking named bolt. so we take meat out with us when we walk past them. lobo is really nice. and bolt is starting to warm up to us.... The branch is a lot smaller. we had 80 people at church yesterday which is quite a bit. we don't all fit into the sacrament room. I was going to play the piano, but the electricity isn't stable so if you hit more than three notes at once, the piano will turn off haha. so we'll see. there are 4 missionaries here in Lubango. we all live in the same house.

Well, I'm about to hit my year mark. I feel like i haven't been out that long, but at the same time i feel like i have forever left!! haha. time is weird on the mission. But I am so grateful for this past year. Its definitely been the hardest year of my life, but at the same time, one of the most rewarding. Ive learned a ton! The more I learn about the church, scriptures, and gospel, the more i realize how little i knew and how little i know now. I decided to make a list of some of the things I've learned and am learning up until now. Ive learned:

How to iron a shirt
cook more than just a grilled cheese
how to shop for groceries
Portuguese
Making my bed
Bucket Showers
to love to read
how to clean a toilet
Be grateful for tender mercies
Love the simple things
Do unto others as you would have done unto you
The gospel is a message of happiness and comfort
Recognizing the promptings of the Holy Ghost
Follow the promptings of the holy Ghost
Obedience brings blessings
Go out of your way to help others
appreciate the beauty around you
How great America is
How blessed I am

These are just a few of the things i have learned have finally understood. I will be forever grateful for this year of my life and I am excited for the one ahead. I love you all. Thanks for your support. The Gospel blesses lives. The Church is true.

Love,
Elder Money
 





Pics taken from Elder Cafferty's blog


 

No comments:

Post a Comment