Monday, December 2, 2013

Mission Tour

First off, Congrats to Ryan and Ashley on their new baby!!! And Happy Birthday to The Best Mom in the World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Things in the area are going alright. We've got a couple of cool new investigators, so we'll see how things go with them but we're still working on finding. Other than that, not a whole lot is new. This week is Mission conference and Elder Hamilton from the quorum of the 70 is coming to Angola.

I finally got the new Ensign with the General conference talks from October. And I was reading through them. And I read the story from Elder S. Gifford Nielsen, Hastening the Lord's Game Plan. And he tells the story of how he called a lady in his stake and he called her and her son answered the phone and asked who it was, and he said tell your mom its President Nielsen. and the son put down the phone and yelled, ''Mom! its President Hinckley!!!'' and then he went on to ask ''What would you do if the Prophet of the Lord really called on you?'' and i thought to myself yeah, that would be pretty crazy. and then on Sunday, that question kind of became a reality....

I was at church on Sunday and President and Sister Merrill showed up. At the end of sacrament, President Merrill came up to me and grabs me and pulls me aside and says as you know, Elder Hamilton is coming this Wednesday, I said yeah, and he said on Friday, He will be doing comp study with you and your companion and then will be walking with you for 2-3 hours!!! That question has a lot more meaning to me now haha. I'm excited, but nervous at the same time! It'll be an awesome experience, I just hope we don't do anything dumb! And it will be cool to give him a taste of what we go through every day. He's a brave man that's for sure. So wish me luck!! And ask yourselves the question, What would you do if the prophet of the Lord really called on you?

Love,
Elder Money

No comments:

Post a Comment