Monday, September 15, 2014

Prayer

This week, I wanted to talk a little about prayer and receiving answers to our prayers. I feel like already have, but oh well! My testimony of prayer has grown a ton on the mish. And i feel like i should talk about it a little more. We read all over the place,

D&C 4:7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.
Before the mish, i didnt believe these kind of scriptures. I thought to myself, ''Well I've asked lots of times, but never received an answer.'' I remember one time arguing with my mom about wether the church was true or not, and she told me that i needed to pay better attention to the Holy Ghost, I responded by saying that the Holy Ghost has never told me anything, She told me ''He has, you just didnt recognize it.'' Of course being my stubborn self, I denied what she said. But ive always remembered what she told me and there have been multiple times on the mission where i have had a flashback to something that happened before the mish and i was now able to see how the Holy Ghost did influence my decision and talk to me, Even though i was unable to recognize it at the time.
I've thought a lot about this and I've realized that i was asking wrong. Like was responded to Oliver Cowdery in section 9 of the Doctrine and Covenants:

7 Behold, you have not understood; you have supposed that I would give it unto you, when you took no thought save it was to ask me.
If we want an answer to our prayer we have to be worthy of that answer. We have to be worthy, and ask with faith, nothing doubting. A friend emailed me a quote this week that said ''You wont get a $10,000 answer from a 2 cent prayer.''
One thing as well that we forget is repetition, if we truly want an answer, we're probably going to have to ask more than once.

I have learned while being on the mission that Heavenly Father truly does hear AND answer our prayers. I have a testimony of this. He has answered many of my prayers. So much in fact, that I have to be careful what I ask for :) haha
Two more scriptures that are super simple and have helped me a lot on the mish:

The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous. - Proverbs 15:29
And also the Lord will remember the prayers of the righteous, which have been put up unto him for them. - Mormon 5:21
Pai Celestial ouve nossas oraçoes! Pergunta com fé! Ele vai responder!
Com Amor,
Elder Money!

No comments:

Post a Comment