Monday, April 14, 2014

Terra Nova

Transfers!
I'm being transferred to Terra Nova. I have mixed emotions about it. I'm leaving one of the areas that everyone wants to serve in and going to the area that no one wants to serve in! haha. Its the ghetto of Angola, but I'm excited. You're not a real missionary in Angola unless you serve in Terra Nova. My new comp is Elder Yeonoplos. I lived with him in Cassequel. Hes Cool so I'm excited to serve with him. 

When I got here, My comp and I white washed the area. So we started from scratch. We had nothing. We spent most of our time knocking doors and trying to talk to people on the streets, not my favorite part of missionary work. We created goals and one of our goals was to get the members trust. And that is where the majority of our success has come from. Its an awesome feeling to have started from nothing, had as much success as we have had, and have an area that is doing amazing. I've met some awesome people down here and I'm sad to leave them, but I'm grateful for the experience that I've had. 

Next time ill write you guys ill be back in Luanda. Keep me in your prayers. love you guys!

Love,
Elder Money

Mom,
Sounds like your week was awesome!!! Iuki wrote me. Mccallister sent me a pic of all you together. I love that kid. Hes a hoot. He always made me laugh. and we had a ton of success together. That's way funny about the scripture he shared with you guys hahaha. That's awesome about the BBQ Glad all went well. .

So... A lot to tell you. This week was good. Our area is killing it! But I'm leaving haha. Its been a super rewarding feeling though to start from literally nothing and now have our area doing as well as it is doing. We've had two baptisms. We have 5 baptismal dates and well probably get one more this week and we have a family that just needs to get married. Things are going great. I'm sad to leave it, but at the same time, I'm excited. Ill be going to Terra Nova. Its the Ghetto of Angola. None of the missionaries want to serve there haha.... Its where Elder Chandler got stabbed. and another missionary got stabbed as well haha.... But ill be safe no need to worry, just keep praying for me. My new comp is Elder yeonoplos. Hes from AZ. Hes super cool. Probably one of the chillest Elders here. So I'm excited to serve with him. And we'll be the ZLs. so that will be a cool learning experience.  I'm gonna miss this area though. But I was thinking about it and i think this change is better for me and i Ended on one of the best weeks of my mish. Ive learned a ton down here in lubango. So I'm happy :) packing will be a pain.

What else.... Not a whole lot. How are things at home. Anything new going on. Hows the fam. Hope everything is going good. Oh. we met some kids who are from another church. they're our age. they're way cool kids. And we always talk about them coming to church but they tell us we have to go to their church first haha we told them that we would... but we always talk to them and the other day a bunch of our lessons fell through and so we sat down and talked to them for a while about soccer and other things and we planned a soccer game. we played on Saturday. It was sooooo much fun. We played full field. and our church won:) 5-2. Haha my legs got burnt.... Also we went over to Joaquims yesterday (lassallettes bro) we go over there every Sunday now.... Hes super awesome. Ive really grown to like him and his son Wilson. Wilson we've been working on and has started coming back to church, which is awesome cause hes super smart and can help the branch a ton. Joaquim and him have such strong testimonies of the church. They both believe that its true and have some super amazing stories. ill have to tell you about them when i get home.... or you could ask lassalette and iuki. but they're super cool. i hope that joaquim will start coming back to church... well see though. anyways things are going great... good news is ill be able to skype you from Luanda so the Internet should be better.... And i can skype at night so that you guys will be home from church. no worries. well figure it out. love you mom.
love,
your little boy

No comments:

Post a Comment