Monday, August 26, 2013

Same old same old

Hey y'all!
So every things going good in Angola. Nothing really new. Sometimes I don't really know what to write. haha. Its kinda the same thing over and over again. We wake up at 6:30, study, teach lessons, eat and sleep. That's the life of a missionary haha. So yeah if any of you have questions.... Those would help :)
But yeah I figured I'd just copy somethings I wrote to my mom:

I love my new area. I miss the people of Luanda 2. but Cassequel is beautiful!!!! ill try and take some pics and send them to you. We actually have two areas in ours, cause the other guys didn't get their visas. Our house is really nice. A/C and everything, except i broke our bunk bed this past week. haha. we had a super long day. and we got home at 6 to eat dinner, and i asked elder Stewart what we were gonna eat and he told me that we had to leave in ten minutes to go meet someone, and i was exhausted so i told him i was gonna go lay down then, and so i went to lay down for 10 minutes and i climb up on the top of the bunk bed and let myself fall, and the bed broke hahaha, no sleep for missionaries!! Elder Stewart came running in laughing and I just laid there. but yeah the house is nice, we have to conserve water, but we've actually been getting quite a bit of water lately. so its not too bad.
I feel like I've finally reached that point that every missionary goes through where they finally become 'weird'. haha. My mom use to tell me that missionaries have a lot harder time going home then going out. I always told her that she was wrong haha, but turns out shes right! Angola has finally become normal life for me. Cops and Soldiers walking around with guns everywhere. kids playing soccer in the streets. walking in between two lanes of oncoming traffic. walking through mud, sewage, and who knows what else! haha. I turned to my comp the other day, and it just kinda hit me. i said ''Look where we are. Did you ever think you'd be in Angola serving a mission?!'' haha. its sooo different but its awesome. I love it. Sister Weggland told us that if she was our mom, and saw the stuff we go through, shed probably be throwing up haha. (Don't worry mom :)) Its a different world here. But i have learned so much. Ive learned to always be grateful for what i have. Ive learned to be happier, especially with the simple things. And I've learned to be grateful for imperfect things. I've really learned to love life.
I'm grateful for all of you, and your support. I'm grateful for the Gospel. It really does bless lives. I see it every day. I'm so grateful that i have the opportunity to be apart of the church here in Angola. I love you all and miss you!!
Love,
Elder Money


No comments:

Post a Comment