Monday, April 29, 2013

Hey Y'all

Hey everyone,

So first of all, congrats to whit on making UVU cheer!!! that's awesome!!!

Thanks for all your emails. Sounds like everyone is doing AWESOME!!! which I'm so glad to hear. I love hearing all your guys stories and everything. I Love you guys and miss you all soooooo much!!! I have the best family on the face of this earth!!!!!! But i am so grateful for our family especially when i see the hardships that some of the families here go through!!! so just some advice BE GRATEFUL :)

So this week was really good, but for no particular reason. I was just super happy this week. Probably because i wasn't sick and other things, but things are going really good. We have a couple Baptisms scheduled for the 4th of may and two more families waiting to be baptized. But one thing i want to talk about is Focusing on the positive.

So Me and my companion, Elder Hobbs are about as different as can be.  And we've gone through our rough patches, but i heard an apostle say that if you don't like your companion, your being selfish. Which is true. But we just have different ideas of what we want to do and how we want to do it. But one thing I've realized is were on the same team. we both left our families for two years to serve the Lord. And we were able to overcome our differences and now we get a long a lot better. We've become super good friends. We have a lot more fun, it makes things easier, our lessons are better, and were all around happier. Now I'm gonna be sad when i have to get transferred to another companion.

So point of the story: i think a lot of times, we focus on the negative, or we let one or two things ruin our day. We cant do this. There are gonna be people we don't get a long with, there are gonna be things we don't like. And a lot of the times, were not going to be able to change it. But one thing I've learned is how much Control of our lives, we really do have.... Given, a lot of times we cant control some aspects of our life, but we can choose how we react to those things. One thing I've learned is to always focus on the positive!!!!! and learn to laugh, and love to laugh. Its one of the greatest blessings we have. So as missionaries, we always leave ´´Convites´´ as we call them. So my Convite to you all this week is to FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE!!! :) Next time some little thing happens that makes you upset, FORGET ABOUT IT!!! chances are it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things and were making it a bigger deal than it needs to be. I promise that if you do this, you will be happier :) So focus on the positive and next time you get upset or feel like complaining, think about the people in Africa like me :) haha jk i have it easy! But seeing the hardships that people go through here has made me soooo much more grateful for what i have. I am so grateful and I love you all and miss you soooo much!!! The church is true:)

Love,
Elder Money

No comments:

Post a Comment