Monday, July 8, 2013

Crazy Week!

I Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!!
This past week was pretty crazy! we had mission conference, mission testimony meeting, and interviews. so all the missionaries in Angola came to Luanda and went to these meetings. President and Sister Merrill are awesome!!! We already love them a ton! they're perfect for Angola.
So we had all that going on, and then yesterday we were teaching one of our investigators named J. Hes from the Congo. And we had marked with him to get baptized on the 27th of this month. We sat with him yesterday, and he told us he had been reading the Book of Mormon, (we gave him one in French cause that's his native language) and he said that he really liked the part of Nephi and Laban, and he really really liked Nephi's prayer. then he told us if it was possible, he'd like to be baptized on the 13th!! so now we have to worry and work so he can get baptized on that day.
Hes awesome. He lives with another Member named S. He was less active but we taught him and he started coming to church again and now he introduced João to the church and hes getting baptized!! crazy how things work out.
One of my favorite things on the mission is our study time. Every day we study the scriptures and I love it. We´ve talked a lot about creating sanctuaries for ourselves. They can be at the church, or at the temple, and also in your house. Your house should be a sanctuary for you and your family. A place where you can go to get away from the problems of the world. A place where the Spirit dwells. I love my study time because if this. its a time when i can get away from the problems of the world. and just focus on the gospel, the scriptures, the Spirit. So my challenge to you this week, is to make sure your house is not only a sanctuary for you and your family, but for those around you as well.

I love being a part of this work. I love seeing the Gospel change lives. I have had soo many wonderful experiences on the mission.I have felt the spirit stronger than i ever have before. The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the one and only true church on the Earth today. I am so grateful to be a part of it. I love you all!!!!!
Love,
Elder Money
 


 
(Last picture take from Elder Cafferty's blog)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment