Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day/Transfers

Hey everyone!!!

It was awesome to get to see you!! Skype is awesome! You all look awesome and seem so happy! I wish i got to skype more often but i guess well just have to wait till  Christmas! :)

So I'm trying to think of stuff To tell you all about, but its kinda hard cause we skyped yesterday haha. So ill tell you about my day today: we woke up at 6:30 and had to hurry and get ready cause all the missionaries in Luanda were going to the museum today. It was forever away and there was a ton of traffic. (we were late :)) haha. but it was alright cause the museum was pretty lame. it just had some dead animals that are from Angola and not a whole lot more... But After, they read off transfers..... I was more anxious for these transfers than when i got my mission call!! But it turns out that I'm STAYING!!!!!! I'm stoked about that. Ill get to see H and A (the family) get baptized, and i get to stay in Cajueiro... my new companion is Elder McCallister. He trained Elder Fontaine. But he seems pretty cool so I'm stoked! Elder Hobbs is leaving, which hes kinda bummed about, but hes one of the new Zone Leaders so that's cool.

After we walked around Sao Paulo. it was such a cool area!!!!! so different from anything Ive seen while I've been here. There were huge buildings, shops, it looked a lot like New York. It was super cool. and it was right next to the beach, which is really pretty! I took some pics, ill try and send them! And we went into one of the shops and i bought an Angolan soccer jersey :) And then we went to this big tower where the old president is buried but it was closed. And now were here emailing!!

I also want to talk about families. I love how the Gospel is centered around families. I love my family more than anything in the world. One of the hardest things I've ever done is leave my family to serve a mission. But i did it so i could share the happiness that comes from the Gospel. I love the quote that talks about a missionary is someone who leaves their family for two years so that other families can be together for eternity. Its frustrating sometimes here in Angola, because we try so hard to find families, but when we finally do, they're not married and its super hard for them to get married. But I know how important it is. Every child should have to privilege of growing up in a family with loving parents. And i know that those families will be blessed if they have the gospel in their lives. Every Child deserves a family, and every family deserves the Gospel!! Eu Sei que estou mais feliz por causa do evangelho em minha vida. Sei que familias podem ser juntos por eternidade. Eu amo minha familia com todo meu coração. Thank you all so much for your support!!! I have the best family in the world!!! Love you all!!!!

Love,
Elder Money

Remember!! The Gospel Blesses Lives!! :)

Translation:
I know I'm happier for the gospel in my life. I know that families can be together for eternity. I love my family with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment